Monday 9 December 2013

Reflecting on a milestone crossed



The journey changes its course...


My journey in this IB World has been a tremendous learning experience for each every day.As the course of life goes on I had to leave OIS and return back to my previous school Choithram International. I am one of those fortunate teachers who has had the opportunity to be mentored by some of the finest people in this world and the IB industry. As I switch over from OIS to CI the thoughts that kept striking me ,are, that I am just shifting from one learning ground to another one, each milestone adding up so much to my existence as a better human being and understanding others. Moreover I never feel the loss in connectivity as the whole ethos and philosophy of IB just gets carried forward as you move from one IB school to another. 

At this juncture I would like to reflect upon all the good values and characterestics that I have learnt and embedded in my character,after my interactions with the OIS environment.I could actually make a list of them....
  1. resilience
  2. coherence
  3. tolerance
  4. appreciation
  5. respect
These 5 strong chracterestics have actually been strongly existing in all the corners of OIS. It was a system that introduced me to some of the rigorous academic processes that probably exist very aptly in any of the benchmark schools of IB such as the UWCs. 

At OIS another benchmark set everywhere was the sense of critical thinking.TOK concepts and talking about various global  issues had infiltrated very smoothly even in the middle school students.

Probably there would be many more such reflections that would make me realize much later in life, how my tenure at OIS has moulded me.

As I gear up to work with zeal and enthusiasm at CI , again under a strong mentor and guide the only thing that gets emphasized more with time is that every organisation of IB has its own culture and local flavor and it is very important to identify and accept that.I hope to contribute a lot to this institution and gain immensely in the upcoming days.

No comments:

Post a Comment