Monday 3 December 2012

Linking Learner profiles with the use of technology

Are you using technology in your classroom? Do you think it is shifting you from practising the attributes of the IB learner profile?

 Let us revisit and rethink......


As one term in my new school comes to an end and we move off to a long winter vacation, it is actually a reflecting time for me on my teaching practises. What is it in this term that I have done the best, for which I can pat on my back? What is it that I need to sit and think and restructure in my teaching pedagogy. 

Well there are so many things I could think of writing but just don't get the time to do so. The most important thing that as an IB teacher which keeps intriguing me is , that "Is the use of technology in the classroom in my class, shifting me away from inculcating the attributes of the Learner Profile in myself and embracing the same amongst my students?''

Finally came across this wonderful Infographic......Read below the infographic to know about my interpretation and connection.....




  • The first point in the infographic hints at being a risk taker,by embracing the tech tools in your lesson planning , achieving learner outcomes, enhanced learning.
  • The second and third one hint at being open minded, understanding the change, not fighting with it but adapting to it for a better bigger picture.
  • The fourth one shows how we are good communicators and knowledgeable by using the various tools and reources to share the information  at the right time, in a convenient form with the students.
  • The fifth and sixth point shows we are good thinkers, who can think ahead of time for the betterment of our next generation.
  •  We are also balanced and principled at the same time  as we ourselves use the technology ethically and teach our students to so the same.
  • The seventh point shows that we ourselves are inquirers , framing questions to solve or portray a problem in so many different ways. And above all we are caring as we care for this present 21st century generation, understanding their needs and tailor making our lesson oblectives accordingly.
  • And last but not the least as I write about this , I am being reflective , reflecting on my actions, set goals and the outcomes.
So are you integrating technology in your classroom and have such questions coming up? This was my interpretation. What is yours?

1 comment:

  1. There are so many schools so many famous IB Schools in Bangalore.These schools promoting international education system to the students. It gives good opportunity to improve the student’s career life.

    International Schools in Bannerghatta Road

    ReplyDelete